From:
FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 07:36:41 -0700
Dear Shelter Operators,

I hold the highest respect for each of you, the *ultimate* in small
business owners.  Therefore, I have selected three of you to receive a 20
pound bag of Totally Ferret as a donation.  My donations to two of you are
not new.  In fact, as you know, I regularily donate to your cause.  One of
you have received a donation of goods for the first time.

While I realize this is a tiny donation compared to the thousand dollar
donations that some of you receive, it is substantial for my budget.  This
donation is possible because pets.com is running a lost-leader special on
pet food.  There are people that believe that I should not purchase from
pets.com because it may force another type of small business owner out of
business.  Others believe that I should instead purchase the Totally Ferret
from you at the regular price to support the shelter.

If you would rather have me buy 1 bag of Totally Ferret every 6 months from
you at your profit (about $3.00 per bag) or if you object to this order
coming from a big business (this time), please return the bag of Totally
Ferret to me.  I'll even pay the shipping.  I received notice that the
orders shipped less than 48 hours after placing it (even though the web
site said it would be 7 days) so you should receive it in 7-10 days.

Keep up the good work. I hope you can use this donation.

 -Carla Almaraz