Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:24:17 -0400
Hi, I have two 4mth old kits (Boris and Natasha).  Both are currently
unneutered.  Natasha is growing hair in a weird pattern.  She started
sprouting black hair (so black that at first it looked like bruises) in
two ovals on each side of her lower abdomine.  She didn't lose any hair
there previously so apparently this is new growth.  I am sure I've heard
of this happening to other ferrets on the list but it is weird that this
is the only place she is growing new hair and that they are two perfectly
symetrical patches????  They seem to be right above where I think her
ovaries are.  Any chance this new hair growth is related to sexual
development?  Any other ideas?

Max