From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:21:38 -0600
Here's the latest "lost pets" numbers in NC for the rescue groups
(INCLUDING FERRETS ):

Greenville: Life Sciences building of the Univ.  252-816-1813

Raleigh:  (HSUS)  at NC State Univ. 919-715-9679

Pitt County Humane Soc. 252-756-1628

The involved groups are:

UAN = United Animal Nations

North Carolina Vet association

Code 3

International Fund for Animal Welfare..

I got this info from the Real Audio "Animal Planet" channel, but their is
no number for the groups other than the holding areas listed.  Information
of more specific nature of who donations could be sent to was refused
posting, since it did not "specifically" mention ferrets, by the moderator,
Bill Gruber.

Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or surgery. :)
Timmy's Forum = http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=TimmyFerret

[Moderator's note: I did indeed decline to post 250 lines worth of stories
about hound dogs, black labs, turtles, rabbits, deer, cats, goats and pigs.
(The only mention of a ferret was in the signature!)  The hurricane was
devastating for many people and animals -- no question about it.  But if
I were to fill up the FML with stories about devastating events the FML
would read like a copy of the New York Times.  As much as I care for and
feel for nature's fauna, non-related posts will continue to be rejected.
A subscriber -- yes.  A ferret -- yes.  A turtle in the mud -- no.  BIG]