From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:23:21 -0800
help!!  i just got two new girls (both 2 years) from a shelter.  they are
very sweeti and loving to us but...... i have three boys (all 9 months).
they are all about the same size.  we are slowly trying the introductions
and it is rough.  the first night the gals immediately pounced on the
boys and started screeching those blood-curdling screams and fighting.
we pulled them apart (our boys were very happy to be rescued...they were
trembling).  the next night we put bitter apple on everyone and ferretone
on the noses.  they all lasted 20 seconds before all hell broke loose (this
was 20 seconds longer than the first night, so i am taking this as a good
sign).  we plan on doing this everyday in hopes that they will eventually
be accepted.  any other suggestions for harmony???

many thanks!

deb abd...
the boys:tubey
skweezal