From:
Jennifer Gall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:40:28 PST
Hello all!  I hope this post finds you and your fuzzies well and happy.

I have a problem. We recently adopted a little sprite from a shelter to join
our two gibs and one sprite. I didn't forsee any problems, because we had a
group of four before (2boys/2 girls). We isolated the newbie for a week,
then did intros.  YEEK!  This little girl is a terror!  She is always in
attack mode, scares my one guy so bad he wizzes on himself and the other
two seem frightened of her, even my bully diva who I thought would be doing
the attacking!

I cage them separate right now and let them all out for playtime together.
The original three hang out in one room just to avoid her!  If any of them
approach within one foot of her, she starts hissing and digging.  I even
tried a plate of ferretone.  The other three lapped it up, but she resisted
when I tried to put her near it.  And she loves ferretone!

She was with other ferrets at the shelter and is pretty sweet to my husband
and I, except for the occasional nip/bite.  "When she's good, she's very
very good and when she's bad, she's HORRID." I swear she's nuts.  She also
has little interest in the games I play with the others, but has a lot of
energy.

It's been a month and a half and I'm at the end of my rope.  Should I let
the shelter place her as a single ferret somewhere else or hang in there?
I don't want to stress out my current ferrets too much, but I'm out of
ideas.  PLEASE, if anyone has a suggestion, email me pronto.  Thanks in
advance!

Jennifer