Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:26:38 -0500
I can't believe how many posts I received from my short post of questions
and concerns.  I had at least 40 e-mails, only two defending Warmfuzzy.
What does that say?

Most of the e-mails I received are from people in the ferret community who
are afraid of taking sides.  Excuse me but I take the ferrets side and
their health and welfare need protecting.  Its a shame that people are too
afraid to back up anything they believe in or stand up for what is morally
right.  So you step on a few toes now and then.Whats wrong with that as
long as you are not being vindictive about it.  finding out the truth is
the important thing and tring to stop the spread of a deadly disease well
that the most important.

It can take up to 12 months before signs of exposure hit.  Why would any
good ferret owner or shelter not quarantine their place and ferrets,
especially since not alot is known about transmitting it.

The main question still has not been answered?  Where are the ferrets that
are positive for Aleutians?  Of what i was e-mailed, rumor or not, some
were sold.  Isn't that wonderful, Maybe it could be you, who has now
acquired an aluetians ferret.  Only to lose the ferret and all the others
you presently have months from now.

Does anyone care where these poor ferrets are?  And where did it start
from?  Is there someone who is breeding these ferrets?

All the e-mails i received stated they were very concerned and worried.
Several had bad doings with Shirley and don't want this to effect their
judgment.  It's understandable.

But shirley states she doesn't have them any longer so instead of being
contained its not.She has now exposed her ferrets and heaven knows how
many now.  How many more ferrets must die this death before we wake up
and take a stand to stop the spread of it.