From:
Anita Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:59:22 EST
Hello!

Well, it's so nice to be back!  :-) Many of you probably have no idea who I
am because I was in CA and had to post anonymously.  Well, my hubby and I
are originally from NM, and we've moved back, but it took us a while to get
on line again.  By the way, I lost many of my e-mail addresses since AOL
only keeps them for a month and we didn't have our computer set up in time.
So those of you that want to keep in touch from CA and elsewhere, please
drop me an e-mail at my new address any time!  :-) Especially Mini in NM,
so I can see how the shelter is!!

For those of you that may remember, several months ago I posted about our
fert Silk that had lymphosarcoma.  I'm saddened to report that we lost Silk
at the end of August, but happy to report that it was wonderfully peaceful.
He died quietly while we were holding him, and his quality of life was
pretty good until just a few days before the end when he slept all the
time.  He was able to spend his last weeks with us in our new home, where
we will use his precious ashes to plant a new flower in the yard this
spring.

We know he's happy at the bridge, and we're so glad he's up there playing
with all the other fuzzy souls!  :-)

Now on to our new problem.  Our 4 yr.  old male fert Tasslehoff had a
bilateral adrenalectomy about a year ago during which the left adrenal
was completely removed and the right debulked.  Now he has hair loss that
started a few months ago.  A vet reccommended we wait thru the shed season,
but having had several experiences with adrenal, I'm pretty sure that the
remaining right adrenal is acting up again.  Hopefully it is just stress
from the move, or something else, but I'm skeptical!

What I would really appreciate is some info on Lupron and the scientific
results because it seems that in the several months I've been off line some
good news has come from this treatment.  We're very reluctant to put
Tasslehoff thru surgery again as he almost died the first time coming out
with a temp of 98F.  Not to mention his internal stitches somehow dissolved
possibly due to an unknown infection, and he herniated only a few days
after his adrenalectomy.  He had to go right back in for a second surgery -
our poor fluff!  The experience has left him skittish around strangers, and
we just don't want to stress him any more than needed.  We also aren't sure
if there are any vets in the Albuquerque area that will perform a right
adrenalectomy.  So, if I could just get a quick update on the Lupron, it
might help me with my discussion with the vet, since I want to get
Tasslehoff checked out again.

Well, that's enough for now!  I'm still getting back in the swing of
things, so I'll try to partcipate more with questions I can answer.  For
now, good luck with all the fuzzy butts!  :-)

Anita Roe (finally free in NM!)