From:
Melissa Purvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:25:07 PST
Debbie

Hi there
My newest baby, LeeLoo, a white ferret with black eyes, has been a biter.
Something must have gotten to her before I brought her home.  She often
seems terrified.  She is the worst to clip the nails on.  The first time
she clamped down on my finger & would not let go, a regular snapping turtle
in ferret fur.  My mom & I wised up.  She holds LeeLoo in oven mitts, she
has a better grip than in with a towel.  I come at her with the clippers &
mom holds her head away, and tried to keep her as still as possible.  I
must tell you she has gotten better each time we clip her.  Although
recently she has decided to poo poo when nervous.  I always make sure she
goes before I begin.  I though it was funny when she went in mom's lap,
mom, didn't.  I always let LeeLoo check out the clippers each time, talk
softly to her (although it is difficult when she bites).  Afterward she
gets lots of loving, and is learning that nail clipping is not that bad
after all.  If only she would feel the same about ear cleanings :)

Melissa

Gabby, Teya, Korbin, & LeeLoo