From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:01:50 -0400
Just a note, as I saw that it was mentioned about newsletter editors using
FML posts without permission.  I'm sure there are quite a few newsletter
editors on the list, and for those who haven't tried asking people for use
of their posts I highly recommend you do.  Not only are people nice enough
to almost always say they will let you use their post in your publication,
but they often add that if provided a mailing address or copy of the
newsletter they will send a donation to your club or shelter for the
privilege of being published.  I always send a free copy of our newsletter
do whomever contributes to it anyway, it's the nice thing to do.  I've only
ever had one rejection, and it was due to a copyright situation with what I
was wanting to print.

Many FMLers have provided our newsletter with great stories, anecdotes and
informational posts in the past.  I don't know how I would consistently
put out a good newsletter without all of you.  So to other editors out
there..do ask, it's more than worth it (besides being the legal thing to
do).  It not only helps your organization but it's flattering to those
who contribute for you.

Robynn McCarthy
newsletter editor, Triangle Ferret Lovers
mom to the Four Ferrets of the Apocalypse (or is that Millennium?)