From:
Calysta Thalassa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 06:41:50 -0400
Re: the FML superpet post involving the Yorkdale PJ's Pet Center

My jaw dropped when I heard that Yorkdale PJ's cared about their ferrets.
This is the same store that not long ago had a sick returned ferret in
it's back room for ten days before one of the employees managed to convince
the staff to let her bring it to the vet.  The ferret needed two blood
infusions and massive treatment, and she still died.  Would she have died
if she had received medical attention right away?  Probably not; but who
can say for sure.  All I can say is that a beautiful little ferret named
Phoenix is no longer with us.  I say kudos to the employee who brought her
in and said to give her whatever treatment necessary; money is not
important.  But I'll tell you right now; her name was not Kristi Flemming.

I know I won't be shopping there ever again; denying needed medical
treatment is animal abuse.

Amy.