Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 07:22:26 -0600
A Fuzzy's Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
in my blankie, snuggled deep,
one more yawn to end the day,
tommorrow I will romp and play!
So God, if you could stay the night
to make sure I am covered tight,
tomorrow there's so much to do
before it's time to go with you...
My mommy taped up on the fridge
a poem about a special bridge...
I heard her cry again, tonight,
so maybe you could hold her tight
until it's time for me to go,
(my people here still need me so)...

Oh, God, if only I could live!
    I still have so much love to give...

[PS]
I sent in my poem but forgot to tell you that I wrote it after my little
Fang was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma by my vet, after I had taken him in
for an unrelated issue (not relevant to lympho),and totally not important
here..

She said she was 99.9% sure that he had it (she detected swollen lymph
nodes that we hadn't noticed, and we handle him constantly...whenever he
will tolerate our hugs and kisses) :0) We went through the blood tests and
the dreaded biopsy surgery, waited for a week for the results to come back
from Fort Collins Vet.  school....during this stressful time I got on the
net to find out everything I could about lympho.  It was then that I found
Mike Janke's adrenal page, and from there he wrote back to tell me about
you guys and the FML...(bless your heart, Mike)!

We had been talking about what we would sell to get the money up for
whatever we could do for him; there was no way we wouldn't go the distance,
whatever it took)...when the phone call came...HE DIDN'T HAVE CANCER!  I
don't need to tell you about the joy that filled our home; I only wish that
all the fuzzie's tests would come back negative for all of you who have to
go through this.  Now, I am paranoid because she said to watch him closely
since it probably was an indication that he is predisposed (often a
"pre-cancerous condition" she called it)...Mike says to not even THINK
about him dying anytime soon, and yes, he is right.  To all of you who say
to hug and love them as much as possible, and never take a loved pet for
granted, keep spreading the word!

I also don't believe that God choses one ferret to live over another.
(except when he can end the suffering of those who cannot be helped)  I
think these illnesses have nothing to do with Him; only that if we have
faith, that He can give us the strength to get through our losses.  I have
to believe that their little souls go somewhere, too, and that we will all
be together again when the time comes.

Prayers to all of you that have been exposed to the rath of Hurricane
Floyd....bless all your hearts, and your fuzzies'........lizzi