From:
Al Wiebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:17:28 EDT
We all are familiar with black holes.  They are locations in our universe
in which their gravitational forces are so great that everything is
attracted to them and forever disappear.  Nothing can escape their
gravitational forces.  Nothing.  Not even light.

Ferrets, I have discovered, have their own parallel universe and their own
black holes.  Everything a ferret can carry is attracted to their black
hole and disappears (almost) forever.  Every so often we humans in our
universe "discover" a ferret black hole and find all those things we
thought disappeared forever.  Unlike a human black hole, we can recover
things from the ferret black hole.

This revelation came to me this morning when I chanced to move something
deep within our closet and found all those things we marked off as lost
forever.  Layla, our little sable, certainly had been busy!  Toys, carpet
fuzz, bits of paper, two dried peach pits (where they came from is still
a mystery ), and bits of this and that.

Anyway, that black hole's location is known so we can keep an eye for
accumulated "lost" items.  The question is, how many more black holes does
Layla have?

Al Wiebe