Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:53:28 -0700
From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
I hurt my shoulder this weekend in my mountain bike race, so when I got
home last night, I had trouble doing things.  In particular was after I
took a shower.  I was sitting on the toilet with my elbow propped on the
sink so I could blowdry & brush my hair at the same time (I can't lift my
left arm without assistance).

Anyway, the girls, Noel & Sandy, were in the bathroom with me.  They were
fascinated by the blowdryer, sitting on their hinds legs and trying to
stretch up to reach it.  So I turned the dryer on them with a cool setting.
They went nuts!  They spazzed out and chattered at me and attacked my legs
and jumped up and down.  Sandy scooted up the legs of my sweatpants into my
lap, realized she was to close to the noisy monster, and flung herself into
the air about 4 feet into a pile of dirty towels.  Noel scooted butt first
across the floor to hide behind the bathroom door and pulled a "moray eel
impression" every time the air blew her way.  They made me laugh so hard,
I forgot my shoulder hurt! :-)

Then Slinky got the "fight bug" up his butt and picked a fight with me (he
ambushes me as I'm walking by a soda can carton or something).  So I had to
commence a ticklefest and ferret-hockey game with him and Kyle (sliding
them butt-first across the linoleum kitchen floor) while Gizmo watched from
the safety of his sleepy sack on the first shelf of the pantry.  Giz, being
the old geezer that he is, doesn't like tickling or ferret-hockey.

What started as a relatively crummy day, finished as a wonderful one filled
with ferret-love. :-)

{As a non-ferret related aside, while I was lying face-down on the
mountainside, tangled in my bike and a very large tree branch, a course
marshall came running down the trail to help me.  She had a Jack Russell
terrier on a leash.  While she was picking the bike up off me, the Jack
began licking my helmet!  I started laughing so hard I could barely stand
up.  It's like he was encouraging me to get back up and get moving, which
I did :-)}

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
"It is a shameful thing that you should mind these folks
that are out of their wits." -Martha Carrier, condemned Salem 'witch'