Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:57:40 -0700
From:
Ann Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Hi;

This list was very helpful when I moved to the DC area and was looking for
a ferret vet.  Well, I am hoping that someone will be able to point me in
the right direction again.

In short, I live in a "No Ferret Zone" and even though I am moving out of
my apartment to a Ferret Friendly Zone in a mere 5 weeks, my landlord has
decided to make a big issue out of her.  He is anotherstory but I'll skip
that.  Based on his actions and behavior, I do not trust him and I would
not put it past him to report her to animal control.  She is currently
boarding at the vet office and I am taking her to my family in western PA
tomorrow evening to stay until I move.

This is not the greatest situation.  My ferret is 7 years old and was going
to have adrenal surgery in the next couple weeks.  She is also prone to
ulcers.  My family is well meaning but they don't know diddly squat about
ferrets.  Unfortunately I have run out of options here.  I am going to try
to educate them this weekend and convince them of the dire need to get her
to a vet if she is showing signs of illness; however, even if they heed my
pleas I do not know of any ferret vets in the area.

Can anyone help me?

My parents live in Butler County; it is about 40 or so miles north of
Pittsburgh, right in the middle of the western side of Pennsylvania almost
on the Ohio border.  They are out in the boonies and Pittsburgh is the
nearest big city.  Some closer, (and somewhat civilized) towns closer than
Pittsburgh are Cranberry and Butler.

Ideally I would like to give them the name and number of a regular vet and
an emergency vet (she always seems to come down with something after hours
and on weekends and needs to get rushed off).

I have new and increased empathy for everyone in CA.  I cannot believe I am
dealing with this situation, and just 5 weeks before we were to be "legit".
Please pray that my fuzzy does ok far away from home.  I came home and
looked in her cage; then I remembered she was not there. :( :( :(
I could just cry.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can give.  Love and health to the fuzzies
(and their people)

Ann & Ratty