From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:56:52 -0400
Chris Lloyd said:
>My vet said that if you feed hairball treatment ever day, not only does
>it become infective it causes food to pass through the ferret improperly
>digested.  Is he right?

I believe I asked this question once as well, and no one could give me an
answer.  I'm off to the vet in the next week or so as it's time for the
crew to get their rabies shots, so I guess I'll ask him then, but I would
like to hear if anyone else has any knowledge or opinions about it.

It would seem to me that taking any kind of laxative daily would make the
animal dependent on it, and make it less effective.  It certainly happens
with humans, does it happen with ferrets?

Robynn and the Four Ferrets of the Apocalypse