From:
Magda Matysiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:48:09 -0400
Hello everybody,
I would like to thanks all of you who answered me to my question about my
Kacper being crazy after a bath.  I'm glad it's a normal thing.  However, I
have one more question (since i'm a new owner and had no previous contact
with ferret owners.

Do ferrets get attached to the owner?  And do they answer to their name?  I
recently read a post from Michele, in which she wrote that her Nick comes
to her whenever she calls him or claps her hands.  I have my Kacper for 4
months now (he's about 7mth old), and he just doesn't seem to see the
difference b/w me and other people.  He is friendly to everybody, and likes
to play.  I spent quite some time with him whenever i can, and I always use
his name whenever I play with him, or call him, but I always end up looking
for him, or running after him (that's one of his favorite games) so I can
catch him, but he never comes to me when I call him.  Otherwise, he is the
same little fuzzy that everybody tells funny stories about.

And i have one story for you.  Once my housemate was watching a very
interesting show on tv in the living room, so when she heard the phone
ringing, she just didn't want to pick it up.  She didn't bather with it too
much, b/c it stopped ringing after two rings anyway.  A while after she
heard her cell phone ringing, and she answered it.  It was her boyfriend,
and asked her what happened when he called earlier.  All he heard was some
scratching.  My housemate when to her bedroom and saw Kacper playing with
the phone.  We were laughing that we have a secretary, but too bad he
doesn't take messages.  :)

Magda

--
    m~m~m~m~m~m~m~m