Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:28:54 -0000
About 4 months ago, my mechanic asked me if I'd take his ferret, because
he never had time to let it out of its cage, and he thought it was bored.
It took a lot of persistence, but I finally picked up the little guy last
night -- he's about 4 lb, sable with white-tipped paws..but he has a HUGE
potbelly - and his shoulders and back bones show a lot when he walks.  I
suspect that it's a combo of too much cage time and 3 years of Meow Mix
(ick!) (his teeth are green, too!) -- Anyone second my guess?

He'll go to the vet in a day or two - I don't want to stress him out more
than necessary - nothing seems to be immediately the matter with him...

My only worry is that my 3 1/2 year old male, Mishka, won't accept him...
Mishka tends to be rather posessive of Buttons...so I'm trying to take it
rather slow...

Anyway, I'd appreciate advice on how to get him into better shape -- but I
think playing and high protein are about all there is to do!

Thanks, all
Melissa