From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:18:57 GMT
Hi everyone-
with annual vaccinations coming up at my house, I wanted to ask several
questions (not out of ignorance, but for clarification)

1. Why can't you have rabies and distemper done at the same time?  Is it
only so you can tell which, if either, causes an allergic reaction?

2. How do I get both my boys on the same vaccination schedule(so I can take
them at the same time)?  Do I choose Chimi's due date (January- meaning
Pepe would be early) or Pepe's due date (April- meaning Chimi would be
late) ?

3.  If it is extremely horrible to have rabies and distemper done in the
same day, and I want to do them 2 weeks apart, how do I present it to the
vet so I don't seem like a know-it-all-computer-scientist-veterinarian
wanna-be??  And do I beg them not to charge me the examination fee for the
second vaccine if we are not having an examination done??

Thanks for any advice.  Even though I have had these goofs over a year,
they still boggle my mind.

(and by the way, Pepe's laying there, mocking me, sipping his filtered
water in the only way a ferret can filter it...through the pillow case)

Sincerely, Stephanie, Chimi & Pepe ("Hey Mom, figure this out!" -the
gruesome twosome)