From:
Rascal's Mom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:09:21 -0600
I've been reading on the FML about all the people who have deaf blazes.  We
also have a female blaze that is deaf.  Picture this.  In August, I stopped
at the pet store for some Ferretvite and they had just gotten a shipment of
12 kits from Canada.  I saw some real cute ones and went back the next day
after they had time to settle in, intending to buy just one.

Well, everyone knows how ferret math works.  I picked out a little female
Siamese wannabe and then decided she would be happier with a companion
since my other 3 ferrets are older.  Looked at them all and kept coming
back to this little blaze female.  (I'm thinking the Lord had a had in
this.) It took several days to figure it out for sure, but she turned out
to be deaf.

But, here's the awesome thing.  She's growing into a HUGE ferret.  Booker
is already 3lb. and still growing.  She's a lghter sable with four white
feet, a white bib, a white face, and a white blaze.  She also has big ears
and huge feet.  Her "sister " Angelica is only about half her size, but
seems to realize that Booker is different.  It's almost as if Angelica has
appointed herself as Booker's "watch ferret".  We love her to pieces.  In
spite of her size and her handicap, Booker is turning out to be a very
sweet and gentle lady.

I'm so glad we brought her home.  It wold have been awful for someone to
mistreat her (or worse) because they didn't realize she's deaf.  Guess this
post is longer than I had intended, but I get carried away when I talk
about my furry children.  (I'm even worse when I talk about my
granddaughter, Katie).  Thanks for listening.

Bobbi and the Merry Masters of Mayhem
Rascal, Dickens, Calamity Jane, Booer, and Angelica.

+++++
Many a child has been spoiled because you can't spank grandmas.
+++++