From:
Anne Marie Mullet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:10:10 -0700
Hi Fellow Ferret-a-holics!!

Christmas Trees are a tricky one, but I've come up with a solution that
works for 95% of the time when the tree is up.  Nelix, our "it's never out
of reach" sweetie, can make some access to the tree sometimes for everyone
else to enjoy.

Here's what I do -- I have about a 5'5" fake tree, and I have a medium
sized square end table that is a little too high for leaping up onto
without a lot of work on the fuzzbutts part.  I put the tree on top of this
table and it's high enough off the floor for them not to leap onto.  Now,
Nelix, however gets very creative.  I always have to space my pieces of
furniture with just the right amount of room between the tree and the
furniture, otherwise Nelix starts a leaping frenzy.  I like to also put
pretty pieces of fabric wrapped around the tree bottom so the tree stand
doesn't show since it's several feet off the floor.  These pieces of fabric
have to be very closely placed to the tree.  If any piece of this fabric is
noticed as Nelix is gazing at the beautiful lights, he will leap and latch
onto it, pulling it over the sides, and therefore has a created a nice
piece of rope for himself and his fellow ferrets.  They love him for this
and applaud him with all four paws every time!

I hope this helps everyone have a "safe tree" this year!

Dooks from all of us to all of you!

Nelix, Gizmo, Molly, Olive, Nikki, and Winkie
---
 (: Have a happy smiley day :)

Anne Marie