Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 12:31:56 -0500
hi!
i just read the post from the first of oct.  and frankly i was surprised.
i had always thought that Hagen was one of the better companies out there.
i've used their products 4 years,not just for ferrets,but for my once
abundant rodent collection and other caged pets.  it makes me wonder if
i've been unknowingly giving all my old pets food and supplies without
the proper nutritional value.  i have been using Hagen fert food and high
protein cat food, and i also use Hagen hair ball medication that claims to
b safe for ferts.  do u know if this is true?  or are they just trying to
sell products?  i am new to ferrets, and i bought my ferret from a store
not knowing much.  i was told that ferrets are caged pets and that the wood
chips and critter pen at home were suitable.  i have since learned more,
and though my monster is more of a handfull than the store indicated, she
is now well(and properly) cared for,in a huge home made cage with tons of
my old blankets, shirts and a hamock to stay in.  i don't beleive pet
stores should sell ferrets, as i was sold one not knowing what i was taking
on.  but i was willing to learn and do whatever i could to make sure my
fert is the happiest,and healthiest she can be, other people might not be
willing to do what i was.  around here Hagen is the most widely availabe
products,im hesitant to use a less available food lest i can;t get it and
have to change her diet suddenly.  do the Hagen products meet her needs?

amy and moe(again)

p.s. i was wondering where all the other canadien fert slaves were,until
all the PJ posts.  anyone from Newmarket/Mount Albert?