Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:57:31 -0700
Hi.
I usually mail directly (explains why it takes hours for me to get through
each FML), but the post I'd like to respond to is anonymous.  I have a
wonderful vet in the LA area.  Please mail me directly, and I'll give you
the low down. : - )  Since I'm here..... My heart goes out to the fuzzies
and their caregivers for their losses.  I am a mess after I read each post.
My coworker has told me I am forbidden to read at work 'cause I'm sitting
at my desk in tears.

Yes, you bond to your critters.  Why would you have a pet if you didn't?
They have such a piece of my heart it hurts sometimes.  They have to
tolerate my seeking them out to play & cuddle!

Thank you to all those who take the time and energy to post.  I have
learned so much, and made a friend on another coast (Hi Dawn).  Plus it's
nice to know I'm not really the only "crazy ferret lady" as my boyfriend so
affectionately calls me.

To the shelters, vets, volunteers, and those working on a political level
for the ferts: you guys are extraordinary.  I don't know how you do it, but
I am thankful for it.

As for certain posts that get under our skin?  I'll give the advice I try
(try mind you) to take.  Don't read them.  You know the posts I speak of.
I am sure no malice isn't intended, just one in every crowd.

Also I'd like to welcome Henry to our home.  I adopted him from a good home
that rescued him about 1 1/2 years ago from a parking lot.  I took him to
his first vet appointment last week.  His previous owners were scared to
take him due to the legal factor.  He is about 3 years old, and is slowly
getting used Ottis (just over a year), Marty (the cat), and I.  Henry suits
his new name with a shy manner and sweet soulful attitude.  The vet did
find the glands under his back legs to be larger than normal, but we're
still testing.  I have hope.  And bags under my eyes.  And frayed nerves.
And this odd twitch....

Thanks for listening/reading.
Kisses to the fuzzies,
Alissa
& Ottis (what? who me? do i look like i'd do a thing like that?)
& Henry (could you move a little slower?  you're freaking me out over here.)
& Marty (you did what? brought another one home? what, are you nuts?!!?)