Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:21:04 -0600
From:
The rest of the story...I drove the 30 miles to the vet with this sweet
ferret curled up on my lap.  My little Fang is not a lap ferret, so this
was a precious time for me.  By the time I got to his driveway, the tears
were streaming down my cheeks.  Oh how I wish now that I had turned the
truck around!  I wish I could erase all of the reasons I had for not trying
to keep him myself.  I won't go into all of them here, but they were valid.
I just wish I had given him a chance with Fang, and with the potential
money fears...I have learned from the FML that one shouldn't take on more
than they can afford to take care of.  Now I wish I had done whatever it
took to keep him with our own family.  That's part of the pain that I can't
let go of.  I was promised that he would end up in a great home, whether it
was with the vet or this unknown ferret lady.  I left him there with a bag
of Iams, a partial tube of Ferretvite, a copy of his story that you read on
the FML,and a warm blankie in a makeshift cage(to be replaced by the big
2-story one soon).I called Dr. Joe later to check , and was told very
abruptly *not to worry, that he was in good hands, that the lady came to
get him and he was fine*.  I asked him for her name or number, and he told
me he had decided it was unethical to release it!  <Just the day before, he
had said he could put me in touch with her DIRECTLY, but then said to just
bring him down so that he could check him out first.>NOW he said that once
an animal was *adopted* that the new owner has the right to privacy, and he
didn't want to take the chance that I might *harass* her!  This coming from
someone I had trusted with the care of my other animals, and had never
given the slightest indication that I would ever do such a thing!  Anyone
who knows me, knows that I would never harass a living soul.  I was
dismissed with no concern whatsoever of how much I cared to find out about
this precious ferret.  I only needed to speak with the new owner so that I
could have closure.  I needed to have her tell me that she loved him, and I
could have found some peace..  I would have thanked her from the bottom of
my heart.  But my concern was not validated, and that added to the pain I
needed so badly to get relief from.  Needless to say, we will never use him
as our vet again.  I found him to be very cold hearted about this.  I am
going to sell the cage to get some of the $100.00 I still have to pay the
blond bimbo.  The money was secondary to the need for this ferret to have a
good home.  I would have given the cage to this *ferret lady*for free.  All
I needed was to talk with her to be sure she knew what he had been through,
and that she would truIy love him.  Then I could have closure and peace.
The way things ended, I feel empty inside,and wish that he was here with
me, and that I had another chance to keep him.  Thank you for letting me
share, and I know that most of you understand how I feel.

Please say a prayer for him, and again, thank you for your personal
e-mails about this. I luv you guys.

    Liz Blackburn (lizzi in Colo)