Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:12:56 GMT
From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everyone,
My husband asked me to see if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon
in their ferret cages.

The other day, I decided not only to put hammocks in the cage, but some
pillow cases so my ferrety boys could sleep on the bottom floor of the cage
if they choose.  Well, it was all fine and dandy, when suddenly, it sounded
like a ferret was drinking from the water bottle...nothing special..just
lick lick lick lick...I turn around and both ferrets are sleeping in the
pillow case.  Hmmm..  what could be making that sound???  I turn back to my
work and lick lick lick lick...Turn around quickly - no ferret is awake!!
I look at Oscar (our iggy) he looks at me, his pupil focuses, he stares
me down, I stick my tongue out and turn back to my work.  AND a third
time...lick lick lick lick...Oh the pounding of that silver ball in the
metal tube!  The pound pound pounding...lick lick licking...so I get down
on the ground and look closer.  Soon enough, a little poke of fabric
reaches up to the water bottle tip and lick lick lick lick lick...I have
a ghost that wears pillow cases so he can drink water from the ferret
bottle!!

How insane!!!  I guess they have now taken a liking to "filtered" water
because they won't stop drinking THROUGH the pillow case.  I can just see
Pepe now: "Deer Park!  That's good water"

And so we (Oscar, My hubby, and I) ask you dear ferret people...does this
happen to anyone else???

Oh, the humanity
Sincerely,
Stephanie and Oscar (Chimi and Pepe are too busy with their wet pillow case
and delicious water)