Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 02:57:47 -0400
From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
>How many wild mustelids has anybody on this list seen in their life?

Do skunks count?  Hundreds.  At least.  Cute stinky little buggers, hang
around at campgrounds a lot.  :-)

I've had several people mention to me recently that they have extremely
overweight ferrets.  With a few exceptions, the ferrets in question were
less than 8 months old.  The older ones I figure are probably actually
obese; the younger ones I'm not so sure about.  I know we have a
7-month-old here who looks absolutely HUGE next to all the older boys, but
is perfectly healthy and active.  I was wondering--were these youngsters
born at the "wrong" time of year (Feb, Mar, Apr)?  They look very much like
ferrets at a proper winter weight.  Or do all ferrets tend to be plump
their first summer?

When our beautiful snowy white plush Simon lost his winter weight this
year, we almost fell over--all of a sudden we owned a long, skinny white
rat instead of a gorgeous cuddly soft fuzzy ferret. :-)

Also: I've been looking into doing home distemper vaccinations.  Ordering
the biologicals isn't a problem (although I don't know where to get needles
yet), and I'm perfectly comfortable with giving the shot.  I'm mostly
concerned about the potential for bad reactions.  How likely is it?  What
should I do if one occurs?  Is there anything I can do in advance to lessen
the likelihood?

It's illegal here to give my own rabies vaccines.  Just found that out.
Bummer.

Anyway, any information--or just a link leading to some--would be much
appreciated.

Thanks!
Jen and the Crazy Business