Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 17:33:58 -0400
From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all:
Saturday was quite a day.  I packed up two of the fuzzies to go to the
WarmFuzzy Ferret Club meeting.  I'll send a separate post about the
forthcoming show.  I had mentioned several weeks ago that I have a strict
rule of only adopting one fuzzy a year.  Shirley Hertzog's shelter had a
very well mannered sable ferret named Willy.  He seemed to get along real
well with Chloe and Burt so home he went.  I had also promised to stop by
Kym Barone's Pa. Ferret Rescue Assoc. and look at a special needs ferret
who needs a home for her remaining days.  Unfortunately, she wanted no
parts of my other ferrets.  Since my fuzzies are free run, it just wouldn't
work out.  While I was there, Kym showed me another sable named Tugg, what
a sweetheart, a real lap ferret.  Kym told me he was found loose near
Villanova University by a U of Pa.  vet school administrator.  That person
turned her over to Sean Sawyer who posts to this list (Hi Sean!!!!!!).  The
fuzzy promptly bit Sean, hence the name Tugg, and had to be quarantined.
The PFRA was allowed to quarantine Tugg.  At the same time, he was very
skinny from being on the street and PFRA had started to put some meat on
his bones.  He still has a long way to go.  Anyway he didn't bite me, got
along real well with Chloe, Burt and Willy so home he went as well.

When I walked in the door I was immediately greeted by my SO.  She wanted
to say hi to Burt and Chloe and looked in the travel cage.  "What" she
exclaimed, "I see three pink noses in there; no, I see four pink noses in
there.  YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU BROUGHT HOME FOUR FERRETS".  "Yes", I
meekly replied "but I had two of them when I started out this morning".
After playing with the two additions for about five minutes, she was
quickly won over.  Ferret math strikes again.

I might add that the four ferrets I have adopted so far are a direct result
of receiving the FML.  Chloe, Burt, Willy and Tugg want to give a big
thanks to BIG.  On the other hand Odo and Baby would rather I never heard
of the internet but they'll get used to the new ones.

Dale