Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:22:31 -0500
When Ferri-lu had her adernal surgery(right) last Wens,she did fine,was
able to bring her home Thurs. afternoon.Vet put her on Baytrol for 10
days.When I picked up Ferri-lu from the vets that Thurs,I'd noticed a large
red spot on her left side going down to her hind leg.Vet said it was a
bruise,not to worry.Other ppl said the same.I did worry,glad I do.I noticed
that it'd turned green,as a bruise will.BUT she was having trouble walking,
with the left leg.I looked at it(bruise) & it's hard.Called the vet,took
her in.He lanced it,got clear liqs.Said it was 1 of 2 things.1 was that
she'd bleed somehow,it's not close to the incision,& it'd caused an
infection killing the cells.Gangreen?2 it's a spider bite that has killed
the cells causeing an infection.Put her on Cephalexin(sp) .05 cc's 2x daily
until Tuesday.All you vets,or vet techs can you tell me what you think?The
bruise is about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide right by her hind leg on the
left side.I feel so bad that I didn't catch it sooner,but have been at the
hospital with my Dad for 10 days,& taking care of my speacial needs
son.Please keep her in your thoughts.Vet said if it dorsn't break up by
Tuesday that we'll have to do surgery.

Hugs to all,dooka