From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:22:39 -0600
Three weeks after having a stroke, Sadi went to sleep for the last time,
late this last Friday.  She had been getting stronger for over a week, then
slowly went down hill.  The last night she was losing temperature control,
in 4 hrs went down to 95.1 f..  I got her back up to normal, and started
her on oxygen as her gums were very pale.  It helped, & she went to the
vets at 8am.  Late in the afternoon he called & said she just slipped away.

I had given her permission to leave when it started, and even on the way to
the vets to save her being poked some more..  I guess she may have wanted
to be here but her 8 yo body wasn't able.

She was the last of the pet store ferrets, and her cremated remains will be
with Timmy's & others until maby I leave, & if I can convince one of my 2
legged kids, I'd be with my 4 legged kids for a final time.

I do have 3 rescues, Tommy (who changed his coat color to match Timmy's a
month after he left, and even turned & looked at me when I called to him
"Timmy" out of habit); Terry, who was one of 21 that came in rescued from
Calif.; and Olivia, who was abandoned.  I also have Scooter & Shiloh that
Sam sent me from NZ, and they are so healthy they might outlive me... So
at least I'm not without ferrets..  I am at a loss for further words, so
as is much said, hug & love your kids, it's not forever.

take care,

  Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the
ferret totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or
surgery. :)