From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:06:56 -0500
Goodness!  I didn't mean to start a debate....

I wanted to write publicly and thank everyone that supported my opinion.  I
hope like heck I responded to all of you in private, but if by chance I
forgot someone then I wanted to insure that all of you knew how much I
appreciated it.  I find it sad that some of the people that sent me emails
privately flat out said they felt the same way but never wanted to post
because of the flames they might receive.  It is a constant that people
write "please don't flame me I feel bad enough as it is......":(

I only got one email that discredited my accountability on the facts that I
provided about my finances amoung other things.  Flames do not bother me ~
Without a person actually *knowing* me or my situation, then how can anyone
state anything with any backing?

In regards to the post about "too many animals", Jennifer, about two years
ago (before I got married) this guy wanted to go out with me.  He knew me
because we work in the county together and he also knew I had an abundence
of animals.  He thought the world of my daughter.  Well, he had never been
over at my house.  One night he dropped by just for chit chat.  The fuzzies
were running around, (10) the dogs (all of them) were inside because it was
evening.  Needless to say, a couple of weeks later I heard through the
grapevine "that Karen had too many animals and he couldn't deal with it".
No loss, but I found that very amusing!  And yes, I've heard it all, - "Uh,
how much does it take to feed your animals per month?"

Marie, I KNOW how you feel.  Chalk it up to a learning experience....My
daughter had two hamsters that she kept in the bathroom cause she didn't
want Sammie, my free running ferret, to get to them.  I, one day, decided
that the hamsters needed healthy ole sunshine so I put them in her room on
top of a table in front of the window.  The table is pretty high up, but
sits next to the bed.  *Sigh*, Sammie is smart, and determined, (but I
didn't know how determined) opened the cage and got one of them.  Same
scenerio that you described as the chipmunk.  I was out petsitting and my
husband had to take care of it......Talk about feeling like a poophead!
This was my daughter's pet!  The second hamster was fine but died shortly
after from loneliness.  She has another now, that sits on a (hmmm, how to
describe it?) a cabinet that is about five feet tall.

kiss your babies,
Karen&Manna&John&James, (hoomans)
Sammie,Kodo,Samantha,Hopps,Panda,Cremepuff,Bubba,Robbie,Bandit&Daisy