From:
Sandy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:43:31 -0500
Hi everyone..

On getting a blood count before spaying a female who's been in season..
we did that with our angel just to make sure she wasn't anemic..  and her
count was good before surgery..

after surgery though she had horrendous bruising and couldn't bounce back..
even after a transfusion..  my poor baby girl..

i've since read (on here) that the excess estrogen causes the marrow to
shut down red blood cell production..  (maybe someone with more knowledge
could confirm that for me)

I know the shot is pretty harsh on their system..  but i know if i ever
rescue a little girl in season again..  she'll either have a shot or find
a vasectomized boy and wait a bit before surgery..

just my .02 worth..

My condolences to all who've lost their babies..  and hugs to all the guys
still bouncing around making our days a little brighter..

Sandy
Hobbiton, Banderito, Cassieandra, baby Riki and welcoming Kato &
Mitzi :) :)
and angel baby at the bridge..