Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:05:13 -0400
Dear Shelter Mom,

Just a note to bring you up to date on what has been going on in
Charleston.  We discovered that right down stairs, a verrrrrrry handsome
boy ferret lives.  In fact, he wants to share our letter.  He said he has a
message he needs to get out.

You have heard us talk about Beethoven, the ferret who plays the piano?
Well, and please don't tell a soul, when we first came here and moved in
over him, he was naked.  That's right, he didn't have any clothes.  We
tried not to look, but, well, you know what's a girl supposed to do?  He
wasn't shy about it; he would run all over the place, nude as an egg.  We
blushed.

A few months ago he went away for two weeks.  We missed him, but,Foster Mom
kept us informed.  He went to see a lady vet because he was sick.  When he
came back, he was growing new clothes.  He doesn't remember what happened,
only that he was looking into a pretty lady's eyes.  Well, we'll let him
tell you.

Hi - My name is Beethoven, and I live downstairs under June and Storm.
They write to you all the time, and, as my foster aunt, I thought you would
help me get the word out.  I want to warn the men of the world, to beware
of pretty women!!!!

Let me tell you what happened.  I had some problems, and I was spending a
lot of time in my litter pan.  Mom took me to see a pretty lady vet.  And
she said she thought she could help me.  So, and here is the part that gets
fuzzy, I remember looking into her eyes as she was looking down at me.
Then, sleepy time.  I don't remember a thing, only that I woke up with a
line on my tummy.  She must have fixed up what ever was the matter with
me, as I feel great now and I've grown myself a whole new set of clothes.

She is a wonderful gal and she fixed me all up.  But, just suppose she
wasn't the great lady she is.  Do you see the problem?

Men, you must be careful, one look from the wrong gal and you might find
yourself minus something you might want to use later, like raisins you've
stashed, or that stuff Dad has in his pocket called money.  My Mom is
great, but she is always trying to get that money stuff away from Dad.  I
noticed the other night as he was reading the paper, she was telling him
about something she needed.  HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK UP.  He kept his head
close to the page.  He wasn't going to get caught.  I'll bet he lost money
when she gave him the sleepy eye before.

The two legs kid never goes out without something called his "Shades." They
are two round circles on two bars that hook over his ears, and they keep
his eyes dark so you can't see them.  You don't know if he is looking at
you or not.

Now, he is always asking Mom for money, and she just opens her purse and
gives it to him.  She doesn't wear shades, and she can't resist him.  I
noticed he never has to give any of it back, so shades may be the way to
go.

So, Brothers, that's my story.  Watch out.  My message is, pretty women can
do you up, or they can do you in.  I guess I was lucky, mine was the best.
Beethoven

This is all for today, because we shared our letter with Beethoven.  He is
so handsome we couldn't refuse, long hair, bushy tail, and shiny whiskers,
enough to trip any ferret girl's heart.

Before we go, we wanted to ask you a question.  Beethoven was talking to
us, and he asked if we knew where he could get some shades.  The two legged
kid was wearing his "shades" today, and Beethoven said if he had a pair, he
thought they would keep him on top of the situation.  We said we'd ask you.
Silly (handsome) boy.

See you later Shelter Mom, we are going out for our run, and we have to
check out Foster Mom's computer.  Love to all, June and Storm.

Dear Foster Grandma,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the yummie lunch you sent us.  Foster
Mom picked up some Totally Ferret at the Shelter today, and we are munching
it.  You are the best Grandma and we just wanted you to know that we
appreciate your help.  It gets expensive for Foster Mom to keep all of us
in good health, and she makes soup for us, gives us some vitamins, and we
think she is sneaking us some other "stuff" but we can't be sure.  Anyway,
Foster Mom was thrilled with the gift, andwe go around singing, yummie,
yummie, yummie, we have good things in our tummies.

Love June and Storm