Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:04:45 -0400
Just a brief warning on the Christmas tree issue: The fuzzies knocking the
tree over is not the only danger.  I have a vivid memory of being about 7
years old and driving to the emergency vet at about 11pm on Christmas Eve
with one of our cats.  Fluffy had gotten a pine needle stuck in her eye.
In addition to worrying about her recovery, there's also that extra cost of
after hours care on a *holiday*...I'm glad I was too young to comprehend
that number!  That was the last year my parents allowed the pets anywhere
near the Christmas tree.  The living & dining rooms are completely
separated by wrought iron gates...no more kitties around the Christmas
tree, and my mother says it allows her to have a cat-fur free place to
entertain.  It's worked fairly well, and I'll likely do the same thing in
my own house when I get one, though seeing those little faces lined up at
the gate during Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners is pretty sad.  Of
course, all this applies to ferrets, but I know that most of us own many
more animals than our fuzzies!

Laura

 \-._.-/        Laura Hess
 {=^o^=}   Kent State University