From:
"Peter C. Skye" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:19:19 -0400
First off, thank you all for the thunderous response.  To date, 30 of you
replied to my posting lamenting the nasty biting habits my two females
had developed.  My partner John and I have sifted through all of your
suggestions, tried many, and things have begun to change.  In general,
pouring on the tender loving care has helped significantly, as has
inserting the bitten finger deeper into the ferret's mouth so she gags
on it.  Adding a docile male to the menagerie has also seemed to mellow
things out.  Now Puddin and Rosie have Smudge to fuss over.

Speaking of Smudge, do any of you have ferrets with white mitts, sable
torsos, white shoulders and heads, and small irregular patches of dark
hairs on the head?  I've never seen one with such irregular coloring!

Peter