From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 9908 17303 14 14_Angora Ferrets14_Brian and [log in to unmask], 15 Aug 1999 17:28:31 -0400467_- Hi All,
Just a quick note to Paula about angora ferrets. In the #23 issue of
Modern Ferret there is an add from "Parrots of the World Litd. about
them selling angora ferrets. Their phone numbers are (718) 343-4141 and
(516)764-0717. They have a price featured of $400.00 plus shipping to your
neareast airport. They are located at 239 A Sunrise Highway Rockville
Centre, N.Y. 11570. They look beautiful in the add. Hope this is helpful. [...]41_15Aug199917:28:[log in to unmask] 9908 17318 19 43_Ferret Shakespeare - the Shelter Connection12_Sandy [log in to unmask], 15 Aug 1999 18:17:55 EDT514_- This is for all those shelter operators and those of us that have run
across, shall we say a very chewy fert.Thanks for taking the bite out of
this parody of the bard.

Rest,rest,perturbed ferret! - so,fuzzy,with all my fingers and toes I do
commend me to you. And what so sore a woman as your human is may do
t'express her love and friending to you, fingers willing, I shall not be
bitten this time. Let us learn to trust together; and still my fingers
will be on my hands, I pray. [...]36_15Aug199918:17:[log in to unmask] 9908 17338 52 22_Re: Petco in Las Vegas13_Randall [log in to unmask], 15 Aug 1999 14:36:52 -0700582_- >From: Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Petco in Las Vegas
>Are there any FMLer's in Las Vegas, Nevada?
>There are two Petco's on Las Vegas. I've been to both and was unhappy
>with both.

Hi! I've been in Las Vegas 11 years now. We now have 5 Petco stores here.
Actually there are 3 in Las Vegas and 2 in Henderson which used to be a
small town but is growing rapidly. I only know of two ferret shelters.
One is Angel Ferret Shelter and other is 24 Karat Ferret Shelter. And I
know of one breeder in town but I [...]37_15Aug199914:36:[log in to unmask] 9908 17391 79 22_Re: PETCO in Las Vegas15_Erin T. [log in to unmask], 17 Aug 1999 00:09:11 EDT480_- Dear FML-ers and Ingrid and Five Fuzzies in Las Vegas

Let me start by saying I am an fml-er, and a ferret mother of 6 lovey
fuzzbutts, and a PETCO employee.

I just opened a new PETCO in LAS Vegas, on Craig and Martin Luther King
Blvd. I read the fml posted and am VERY upset! Not because of what was
said about PETCO in general, because I agree with you, but the fact that
my friends wrote to me and said that it might be MY store, ticked me off. [...]38_17Aug199900:09:[log in to unmask] 9908 17471 15 48_Re: [CFBSL] Digest Number 22 [home needed in WA][log in to unmask], 16 Aug 1999 05:45:40 -0700491_- We are looking for an exceptionally good home for one of our breeders.
Surprise is a three year old silver mitt blaze and just gorgeous. The is a
very very active ferret and hate being in a cage. She was raised by a
teenage girl then returned to our ferretry when the girl lost inter
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:31:33 EDT
First off, I want to thank everyone who wrote to me after Madigan died
unexpectedly.  I haven't answered all the mail individually, and I
apologize - but your notes and support mean a great deal.  Thank you all
for caring.  The path report came back on the necropsy - the diagnosis was
"splenic lymphosarcoma" with a brief note stating "Animals with splenic
involvement from lymphosarcoma are often in an advanced state of disease
and may be refractory to chemotherapy." In other words, by the time
symptoms were noticed, it was already too late to treat her.  And her only
symptoms were an enlarged spleen, a diminished appetite, and a slight
slowing down of her usual hyper-speed goofus-ing.

The albino male ferret who was tossed out of a car and then almost dropped
off a 2nd story balcony "to see if he'd land on his feet like a cat" is
doing better.  His skin rash is almost gone, and the "cooties" (ear mite
infestation) are finally vanquished.  His coat is still funny - almost like
pure undercoat, with very little guard hair - but it's soft and getting
thicker.  We've named him after St. Francis of Assissi, since he must have
had a guardian angel looking out for him, but since that's such a formal
name for such a big easy going lug of a boy, it's been shortened to
Frankie.  As soon as his vax's are finished, he'll be available for
adoption.

Other things to write about, but I'll have to catch them later - just one
more thing for now.  BIG - when is the next advertising issue coming out?

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."

[Moderator's note: I'm going through ads now.  Once I have them all cleanly
sorted I will email each advertiser to confirm their ad since it's taken me
*so* long to get them together.  So..  soon, I hope!  BIG]