Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:27:23 -0700
Just my quick note about mice.  I have never fed them to my ferrets.  Never
saw the need.  However since we do have mice in the house...(comes from
living way up in the wilderness), some hunting does go on.  I have one
ferret...Kapu (Named after the wolf in "Julie of the Wolves") who enjoys
hunting ALOT!!!  I lost a pet bunny before finding that out.  :-(

Anyway, he loves to crawl into the cupboards to hunt.  About once or twice
a month he does catch something.  That is when the fun starts.  You see he
doesn't really eat the thing.  First, he has to bring it out and show it to
all the other ferts.  Then, of course it is off to the hidey hole to save
it.  Thats where I come in.  My job is to intercept the little morsal
BEFORE the hidey hole.  Otherwise the aroma after a few days is
quite...um...pungent.  Especially in the good ole summer time!  If I didn't
hear or see him catch the mouse...I sure know it now...phew!

Jeani and the splendoriforous six...KoKo, Kapu,
Bear, Sugar Baby, and two rehabs who haven't yet
told me their names!!!