Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:13:41 GMT
Vicki wrote:
>Took awhile to figure out that the brewers yeast did just that, brewed,
>and by putting the containers while it was still brewing into the
>freezers in air tight containers, they blew.

It sounds like you might have yeast for brewing beer, as opposed to brewers
yeast.  Brewers yeast, the stuff sold in health food and grocery stores, is
for the most part dead and inert-- it's yeast that's already done all the
fermenting that it's capable of doing.  Yeast for brewing beer (or wine,
etc) is potent living stuff just waiting start fermenting.  You might want
to try another brand of brewers yeast, if that is what your stuff was
labeled...

how funny though that the exploding chickens came true!  (of course, it's
easy to say how funny when it isn't my freezer ;-)

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083 -somewhat messed up as I rennovate
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round