Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:46:33 EDT
From:
Levade Seven <[log in to unmask]>
I would just like to respond to the post that said HIV & AIDS coming from
apes is just a theory.  When I had health class in school it wasn't taught
as a theory it was taught as known fact.  I know that this isn't exactly
ferret related but I thought i should say something.

[Moderator's note: Very recent research does seem to support the simian to
human link, but such research doesn't show increased evidence of the AIDS
virus being able to affect humans from yet other species.

Unless someone here has any facts of AIDS affecting weasels or of weasels
transmitting the virus to humans -- and I don't believe any evidence
whatsoever exists on either count -- the discussion is no longer relevant
to ferrets and it's time to move on.

A somewhat identical yet opposite subject *is* a good topic though: people
with HIV often find ferrets to be good companions, not only for emotional
support but because ferrets are well suited to the task practically (i.e.
they are goofier, gentler and not as allergenic as some other companion
animals/people! :-))  BIG]