From:
Craig Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1992 23:54:31 -0500
Hello to all from Houston. First Chris did you receive the newsletter
that we sent to you from our Miami Adventure?

[Yup.]

Second, Katie all new family members doing fine. The girls that we
brought back from Miami have now been spayed and are due to leave
the nest for their new homes tomorrow afternoon:(
We had kind of a close call with one of them when a day after surgery
she quit eating and drinking DUCK SOUP to the rescue again (with a little
help of antibiotics and the Vet) she is now doing fine and is ready
to become the third Adoptee from the Houston Area Ferret Association
this year.
We are now doing public appearances with several of the kids almost every
weekend at one pet food store or another and the club is starting to
gain recognition. We are even lucky enough to have the Humane Society
and the SPCA on our side in this town. Can't say the same for our friends
in San Antonio where they are still trying to BAN our furry friends.

Roger, I keep meaning to call and let you know how all goes here but I
guess you'll just have to read it here also, as we have a employees
seminar for the people of our local PETCO stores tomorrow nite.
Damn. Fara is right unless you like doing it all your selve

[Ddon't start a club. It's a good thing I have nothing better to do
(like work).
Well enough from down here right now, if San Antonio continues on their
errant path we may be calling for help.

Craig, Carole and ALL of the HAFA fuzzies