From:
The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:45:51 -0700
>Michigan State law states that no ferret transfered from MI shall be given
>away or sold - only to the person where the ferret came from.  This is
>payable with imprisonment for not more than 90 days, a fine of not less
>than $500.00 or more than $1,000.00, community service work of not more
>than 120 hours, permanent relinquishment of the privilege of animal
>ownership.

Umm, ahh, okay, now tell me something.  If I buy a ferret from Marshall
Farms, transfer that little dude down here to southern Arizona and swap
him for a '57 Ford pickup truck:

Who's gonna tell Michigan and/or Marshall Farms?

How's the long arm of the law in the state of Michigan going to do all
these ugly things to me?  Extradition?

As far as I know there aren't many Michigan law enforcement agencies that
have jurisdiction in Arizona.

Not to mention that "permanent relinquishment of the privilege of animal
ownership." Whoa.  Are they going to visit me every week to ensure I'm not
harboring a fish or something?  Maybe a scorpion?  I guess scorpions aren't
animals.

Did I miss something here?

Arizona Whiz