From:
pat andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:59:43 -0400
Well, okay, they didn't physically visit the store, but the made a point
of interacting with the nice guy who took my order.  I am now $80 or so
poorer.  I bought 2 bags of 8-1 Ultimate because my guys LOVE the stuff
and I'll be putting it in their mix.  I bought not only a large pack of
cheweasels for Amadeus, I bought the new Marshall's chewies for him, too.
(Shiloh treats them like they are a poopie in the corner...so those chewies
are all his.)  I bought other assorted "necessities" (?), too.

This poor guy who took my order got treated to stories of Tess (40# corgi
cross) playing with Shiloh and Amadeus, of Tess and Shiloh sleeping
together, Shiloh dangling from various part of Tess that she'd managed to
snag onto, and Amadeus digging in my diet coke.  The telling of same was
precipitated by the fact that Amadeus was doing just that while I was on
the phone placing my order.  (I know the operator was amazed that my dog
gets along with my ferrets...but it's true!)

I can't wait to see their reaction to all their new goodies when the
shipment comes next week.  They will be in seventh heaven I'm sure.

And, as for me, I can't believe I spent that much when I'd spent that much
on them when I visited Washington, DC last week, where I bought two of
the cutest things...they are stuffed animals with a velcroed pouch in the
tummy.  Included w/ the kittie (they only had cats and dogs) were two heat
packs that came w/ their own flannel bag, and a plastic heart that thumps
when you turn it on.  I figured that Shiloh would enjoy "killing" it just
like she has her walking/barking toy dog (not Tess!).  The second is for
the local shelter, to be used to comfort ferrets that are in quarantine
and away from their cagemates.

I'd also gottena squirrel that squeaked, a ferret-sized kong (which Amadeus
promptly took to a hidey hole, so I haven't seen it since), a raincoat, and
rein-ferret antlers (both of those last two items were on sale for 25% of
the original price) and a vinyl hedgehog was bought for one of ferrets who
is owned by the local shelter operators... Out of all this, poor Tess only
got a latex ball!  Poor pooch...

And in case there are any people out there worried about the welfare of my
ferrets (or my dog), I'd like to state that I heavily supervise all their
interactions, and they are never left alone together!

Pat (doting mommy)
Tess (far from lonely dog)
Shiloh (sweet-faced hellion)
Amadeus (deaf cuddlebug who uses his teeth to ask for EVERYTHING--ouch!)