From:
Janis Zapfel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:15:20 -0700
Hi all!

I just got caught up on reading my FMLs and I have a few things to say.

Can anyone find out which Petco in Aurora it was.  I don't work far from
the city of Aurora so I can personally talk to that sick manager.  I heard
it was closed down and a new one was opened in Joliet.  I have visited that
one and it not good.  They have a ferret owner as a manger there, but I
don't think she knows too much.  She owns 7 and after talking to her a few
times..she seems a fry short of a happy meal if you know what I mean.  I
feeds she kid cat food.  Not the good stuff and has 7 ferrets in a 30x30
cage that I know is to small for my two.  I admit I bought my ferrets from
Petco in Bolingbrook, but I don't have a breeder in my area and haven't
heard of any ferret shelters in my area either.  The Petco I bought mine
from was wonderful!  So not all Petco's are bad.  Yes they had one of those
aquarium things, but it was huge and very clean!!  Their ferrets look very
happy and healthy that's why I bought from there.  I haven't had a serious
problem with them.

O.K. enough of that.  Now I need some ideas.  With the summer months
approaching and with that comes heat I need some ideas to keep my fuzzies
cool.  I must say first..don't flame me!  I live in a SMALL apartment.
It is a brown apartment and the sun beats on it all day.  I know it gets
uncomfortable in there.  Here's my problem.  I have one very inefficient
window air conditioner I can't leave it on all day my electric bill will
be more than my rent.  I leave a fan on with a window open to keep the air
circulating in the room, and I always make sure they have cold water every
morning.( I keep a jug of water in my fridge) I need some more ideas, it's
only going to get hotter.  Yes as soon as I come home I turn on the air
conditioner and let the boys out, but I'm really concerned about when I am
away at work.  Any and all suggestions would be great.  Feel free to e-mail
me directly.

Happiness to all!
Janis