Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:03:24 -0700
From:
Sorry this is a tad bit long.

About 3 weeks ago i treated my 3 ferrets with Frontline flea spray.  I
squirted the recommended amount into a container, so i could apply it to
them, i did my first chunk, he was fine, i did my female she was fine.  I
did my youngest male he flipped.  he is about 7 months old and very large.
He let out a small squeal and started to rub his neck and body on anything
he could get a hold of.  I didnt think much about this because all my
ferrets did this for the first 2 or three times i used it.  (this was his
first time).  later that night he started to cough and what sounded like a
wheeze, and dooked just a bit more then usuall so i left him out of his
cage for a while so i could watch him.  As soon as i let him out, he'd be
fine, but as soon as i put him in the cage, you'd think i was killing him.
i finally put a little watter in the sink and let him play in it, hoping
it would calm him like it usually does.  It didnt.  About 2 hours after i
first used it on him he seemed fine again.

Wel then about 3 days ago, during one of seattle's few hot days,i put them
in the tub with watter to cool off.  When i got them all out i noticed that
Athos <the ferret> had a bald spot on his neck.  about 2 inches long and 1
inch across, right where i put the spray.  Now this isnt just a thinning of
fur, its an actuall bald spot, clear to his skin, which isnt red or
blistered or anything.  looks like black heads, but not sores.

My questions is.  1. could this be an alergic reaction to the spray?

#2. could this be the begining of something more?  and if it is the spray,
can anyone recommend a diferent type to use?

thank you for the help, Sonia