From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:37:27 -0400
Hello and hugs to all!  Extra ones for all the sick fuzzies out there and I
hope they're feeling better soon!

Well, I'm posting again for my friend Miranda and her ferret, Felicia.  She
had taken her to the vet recently and got back some test results today.
Miranda called me in tears this morning.  It looks like Felicia's lymph
glands are not doing well at all, indicating lyphoma, and from the x-rays,
the lining of her stomach appears to be very thick - much thicker than it
should be.  The vet believes that Felicia may also have stomach cancer.
Miranda and her vet do not feel that her little one is a good candidate for
surgery - she's almost six years old - but will look into it further.  I
have suggested to Miranda to order some Timmy's Tonic so you may hear from
her soon Gary!  Miranda's main concern is of course Felicia's quality of
life.  I have a whole booklet of duck soup recipes that I'm going to
photocopy for her as well as give her some of the cubes I have of my recipe
to try out on Felicia.  If she doesn't like my recipe, maybe one of the
others will be yummier to her.  She's pretty picky when it comes to treats.

So, my questions are - could the thickness of the stomach wall be
indicative of anything else besides cancer??  If so, has anyone out there
dealt with this before?  *Any* info would be greatly appreciated.  I
haven't heard any mention of this before (I don't recall, I should say),
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd matter.

She has discussed medication options withe her vet - which med would you
recommend?  Lupron, Lysodren or uuuhhh - I can't recall the other one I've
heard mention of - oh!  Prednisone?  Unfortunately, Miranda doesn't have a
computer and I can only print out smaller jobs here at work.

If anyone has an advice for us, could you e-mail me personally (it's
easier for me to make a printout for Miranda and her vet that way) but
by all means, post here too!  Maybe someone else can benefit from your
information/experiences.  My e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

If I think of any other questions, I'll be sure to post them. Thanks so
much from all of us! Take care and hugs to all -

George, Jasper and the Crew on behalf of Miranda and Felicia

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret