From:
Jane Odell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:56:56 +0100
Hi all,
This one is somewhat of a puzzle, i was wondering if anyone out there could
offer me their opinion.

My beautiful cuddler - Casper (aged about 4)has been acting a bit weird for
a while now, it started when - on an odd occasion, he`d hide in a corner
and stare blankly for a few seconds.  Nothing else was different so i tried
to ignore it.

Last week he had a bit of a funny turn, i think it was a seizure :o(  He
was standing, shaking with his eye`s closed and his tongue sticking right
out.  It was sooo scary, i took him to the vets - they did a glucose test
(after fasting for 4 hours) and it came back normal.  *Phew*  They took
another sample the following day (due to lack of time) to send to the lab.
I got back one result, another glucose test, which again was normal - but
i`m still awaiting the other results.

The normal glucose result, indicates it`s not Insulinoma (which i secretly
feared it was) but am sooo worried to what it is.  The two things i thought
about is diabetes or epilepsy which would also fit into his symptoms, can
ferrets get either of these conditions?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, i`m really worried about the
poor little guy :o( Sorry this post was a bit long, but i wanted to try
and give as much background as pos.

Thanks for listening,
Jane, Harvey, Katy, Casper, Phoebe & Emil
                             ^. .^
                               *