Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 08:46:54 -0700
>I've been noticing over the last few weeks that Slinky is losing hair at
>the base of her tail.  She's about 3.5-4 years, and I have a bad feeling
>that I know what this means.

Before you panic and jump to the assumption of illness, keep in mind that
shedding season is upon us!  The thinning of hair in unusual areas is more
common than not, specially in the spring when the shorter, summer coat
comes in.  It can give us the impression of un-natural hair loss.

Wait a few weeks and see if the tail area doesn't come in fully again.  If
it doesn't, then talk to your vet.

My old timer (8 now), Garret, who went through right adrenal gland surgery
3 years ago, always thins out to almost no undercoat on his shoulders..
scares hell out of me!  Then, BOOM!  In the space of a week, his shoulders
are all filled in with his glorious summer coat.  I think he does it on
purpose, so he gets more attention.  (He IS a retired FLO operative!
<GRIN>)

For our ferrets.

MC, The Rude One
Garret, Snorkle, and Tuzigoot.  In spirit, Bubba and Billy-Bob.