From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:48:17 -0400
>From:    Lori Barber <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Heartworm reprint
>I've responded to many of you concerning the heartworm information from Dr.
>Kemmerer.  If I've missed anyone, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
>My e-mail has been acting a little strange lately.  Yesterday I received
>duplicate copies of all of my e-mails from the previous week.

Dr. K updated and/or wrote an article on heartworm disease for use on my
Ferret Health Care site.  I don't know if this is an updated version of
what you have (probably) but whatever the case, it's available on the web.
The article includes pictures of Dr. K doing a necropsy on a ferret named
Thomas, showing heartworms inside his heart.  Not pretty pictures, but if
it shocks someone into giving their ferret heartworm preventative, it's
worth seeing.

I've added the heartworm page to the "adrenal & insulinoma" site because
it's so very important here in the south.  Also, one day I intend to expand
the site to include other medical problems common to ferrets and thought
that topic was a good start.

See my signature below for the adrenal/insulinoma site URL.  If you want to
go directly to the heartworm page, use this...

http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc/heartworm.htm

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC