From:
Eve Kochel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:21:31 -0400
Ok, I really wanted ferrets.  I still do.  But they're INSANE!!!!!

They're only three months old.  I don't get the multiple personalities,
though.  If I stick my finger in the cage while they're sleeping, they
groggily wake up and roll over and lick my finger.  They stretch and yawn
and smile (yes, they do) and roll over on their backs, pushing their bodies
up to the front of the cage for kisses, which I receive on my lips or
cheek.  They roll over again and they nuzzle my finger, or they stretch a
tired paw through the holes in the cage for me to hold.  It's all so
adorable!

BUT...

When I take them out of the cage for playtime (off and on throughout the
day), I set them on the floor and OUT COME THE BUTCHER KNIVES!!

Ok, so maybe I imagined the butcher knives.

But they take off running through the house in tandem, running into walls
and heading for the box of plastic bags (which is theirs) and proceed to
distribute the plastic bags all over the house as fast as they can.  And
while they're doing this, they attack and wrestle with each other and
occasionally scream bloody murder.

If I try to pick one of these slick-as-snot furry worms, they wiggle free,
decide I'm fair game, and they both turn around and lunge at my throat with
teeth bared!

Ok, maybe not my throat.

But my hands and sleeves get thoroughly pierced!  Blood everywhere.

Okay, no blood, but it hurts!

Eventually they wind down, but continue to beat the heck out of each other
while I'm carrying them up the stairs for a nap.  Fighting the whole time,
I put them in their cage for bed.

As SOON as I close the cage door, they curl up together and become
sweethearts.  I can pet them through the cage.  They yawn and stretch and
make cute faces at me.  The demonic possession is over.

My only question to this list is:

IS THIS NORMAL?????

Thank you.

May all your fuzzies be so.