From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:53:43 -0400
I just wanted to throw a quick line in to let everyone know how my babes
got their names and what we "really" call them. ;-)  We took in our first
ferret just before Christmas last year.  I named her after finding her name
in a book about gods and goddesses of Greece.  I found 'Luna' and since I
was on this kick of moons and stars and suns decorating jag, I decided on
Luna.

O.k.  So Luna was acting 'weird' and I didn't know what to do.  I started
reading the FML and asked about her behaviors and found out she was a
perfectly normal but bored ferret.  She needed a pal.  Thus, the hunt was
on for a friend.  So, we come across the sweetest little black and white
baby who kissed and licked and snuggled in my arms.  (O.k.  everyone, the
collective "ooooohhhhh") So we brought her home and we couldn't decide
between Sola (opposite of Luna, of course) or Tick.  <<Get it....
Luna-Tick....yuck yuck>>.  Finally, we decided on Sola.

Now, we are thinking of rescuing some more guys when we move to our bigger
house and we are thinking along the lines of Starr, Haley, Bop, Galaxy,
Milky, etc.  for future names for future kids..... :)

As for what we really call them, we started calling them Luna Tuna and Sola
Bola.  Now they are just Tuna or Tuney and Bola or Belly.  Don't know how
it worked out that way, but it just did.

Now, go see my kids....we welcome you....
http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

April (the big 180 pound mommy ferret), Damon (chief pooper scooper in
charge), Nutt the terrorized cat, Bridgette the shaved dog, and Luna and
Sola the funny ferrets of funky fabulous fun in the sun...