Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:36:28 -0500
I suppose I could have said-- "*full-house*" when the phone rang, -- but I
quickly got a flashback to last nights horrific story by another shelterer.
So, of course, I said bring him in on Saturday we will make room....

An un neutered male, hopefully in good health.  I can deal with it-- the
neuter is scheduled already -- health provided -- the late story that is
true-- well:

A sister shelter in New York heard about two ferrets that were too much for
the wheelchair bound owner / caretaker.  When they responded they found
(Yes,just this past week!) : the cage had been evicted to the garage.  The
ferrets were too much work --inside the filth ridden cage, were two ferrets,
with only thin bed sheets for bedding.  The sheet was soaked in urine --
the cage was a mess.  The one male ferret was thin, emaciated -- they the
shelter folks hope for recovery and a better life.  The little gal was
curled up, asleep ?  frozen solid......

I have no available cage space presently at Ferret Wise, the six arriving
tonight who have been out of food for two days will fill us up... but I
called and ordered one more cage for Saturday---- today I just could not
say NO....

Yes, some of the shelters are thorough in screening adopting parties-- this
is why.  and we all realize it seems once again to be "Spring cleaning
time-- for ferrets!"

Please visit our shelter site at url
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/.index.html

our web cattalog page at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/funalia.html

and at

Where we receive $2.00 for every new person who signs on, and its totally
free to help us.  Thank you from all the ferrets.