Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:27:35 EDT
From:
Hi everyone!

Finally got a chance to catch my breath - things have been so hectic around
here!

I wanted to thank Pam V for her lovely donation of a sleep sack - Garret, a
new addition to the shelter took an immediate liking to it and refuses to
share with his cagemate, Ajax.  Garret is a 4yo DEW with insulinoma, and
Ajax is a healthy 3yo albino.

We will be extremely busy every weekend through the end of May - we will be
at the Pennsauken, NJ show next weekend with some of my personal ferrets
and hopefully be seeing a lot of FML'ers.  But of course, never too busy to
adopt out, take in, or help any other ferret owners!

Of course, May 1-2 are very important to us - this is the PetsMart
Adopt-a-thon weekend - we will be at the PetsMart in Virginia Beach -
Rosemont Road and Virginia Beach Blvd.  We will have some of our adoptables
there with us.

May 8th is tentatively scheduled for our yard sale - a friend has very
nicely donated the use of their front yard - so anyone doing spring
cleaning in SE Virginia - think about possibly donating some of your
"stuff" to the shelter!  All proceeds will benefit the shelter.  We will
have used cages, ferret accessories (like bowls and litterpans),
appliances, (microwave and vacuum) and we could always use baby stuff!

May 22nd we should be at our next show, in Harrisburg, PA.

The adrenal kids are all growing their hair back, and we are scheduling
surgery for Garret - on top of all his other problems (his bg was 34 before
pred, now its 79) his spleen is about 6" long, if the x-rays are any
accurate indication.  He's a handsome boy, and we are hoping to make him
more comfortable.

Also wanted to thank Bob Church for taking the time and answering my
questions - He is a valuable resource and I am glad that he so graciously
donates his knowledge to those that ask.

And finally - Thanks to everyone who has every supported a shelter.  We
couldn't do it without you.

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854